Disclaimer: garagedooropenerhub.com is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Are you tired of the constant need to manually open and close your garage door every time you need to get your car in? Do you find it annoying to have to pull over and get out of the car in order to unlock your garage and isn’t this causing you a lot of inconvenience? If so, you should definitely check out this Liftmaster 8500 review, one of the best garage door openers available on the market. This is a device that would allow you to automatically open the door of your garage. However, this is not the best part. You can do it while you are in the car thanks to the remote control. That’s right – you won’t have to think about where to pull over during a high-traffic hour if your garage is close to the road. However, let’s take a look at some of the capabilities so you can see for yourself that this device is definitely worth spending your money on.
The Liftmaster 8500 is equipped with a powerful 24V DC motor that is going to provide you with enough power to lift off even some heavy-duty garage doors. At the same time, it features electric mechanisms, which means that there is not going to be excessively loud mechanical sounds when you trigger the open or close process. This is incredibly convenient and appropriate because it makes it perfectly usable for a garage which is under a habited room. So, if you have your bedroom over your garage, you don’t have to worry about whether or not you will be woken up if someone decides to open the garage door.
The device is armed with a feature called Smart Garage Door Opener. This is patented technology that would allow you to program a variety of security codes from the Control Panel or from the power head. This means that you can rest assured that no one else besides you and the people that know the security code would be able to open the door with the remote. It is quite a relief, especially if you have accidentally lost or forgotten the remote control somewhere.
Apart from being undeniably convenient and well secured, the Liftmaster 8500 also brings a large amount of safety on the table. This is all thanks to the patented Protector System. This is a technology that uses sensors to project a light beam which is invisible for the human eye across the garage door. This way, if something is in the way while the door is closing it would automatically reverse the door. So if by any chance you have hit the closing button on the remote while you are still parking your car, you don’t have to worry about the door smashing over the roof.
Apart from those major benefits, there are also a variety of other very helpful features that deserve a proper mention.
- The unit is equipped with a remote light which is capable of delivering up to 200 watts of light. It could be triggered by a motion sensor to provide an additional sense of security and you can also use it to provide greater visibility while you are parking your car.
- The device is incredibly easy to mount thanks to the system which allows you to install it without any rails to hang on.
- Another thing to look at is the Auto-force feature. This smart technology would keep track of temperature alterations as well as the floor height and the door track movement and adjust the force accordingly.
Anyways, there are also some minor setbacks to this garage door opener. For the sake of full disclosure, we are going to present you with a list of the advantages and disadvantages of the door opener in order to make an easier comparison and determine for yourself whether or not you want to buy it.
Pros and Cons of Liftmaster 8500 Garage Door Opener
- The electrically powered motor that ensures incredibly quiet operation. You won’t have to worry about your garage door opening with excessive noise.
- Tons of security is provided thanks to the incredible Smart Garage Door Opener technology which allows you to program your own codes. Make sure that no one else but you can access your garage without knowing the code.
- The device provides a lot of visibility and it comes with a powerful 200 watts lightning which is definitely going to make parking during the night a breeze.
- The Liftmaster 8500 is incredibly sensitive to alterations so if you make any kinds of spring adjustments you should be doing so with great care.
- Some of the units are known for blowing off circuit boards which could cost expensive repair works. It is highly advisable that you consult a specialist if something like this happens.
- Even though the device is incredibly easy to install, you might find it rather harder to actually adjust it in order for it to function properly.
However, even if we took into consideration those incredibly minor flaws in the otherwise perfect device, the Liftmaster 8500 is still one of the greatest choices for you out there. Of course, you have to consider that this is an electrical door opener which means that you should probably avoid trying to lift some incredibly heavy metal garage doors. At the same time, this is perfectly compensated by the fact that the device is incredibly quiet. This is very convenient and not many more products are capable of delivering such a performance.
At the same time, the unit is rather affordable. This means that you are getting incredible value for the money you are going to spend on it. In any case, this Liftmaster 8500 review is specifically designated to provide you with all the information you are going to need to make an informed decision. We have sorted out only the most important details and we have also noted some of the things that might set you off. With this in mind, the hope is that once you are through with the review you are going to be able to properly decide.